The Grand View Health Medical Access Program provides professional assistance and advisement to qualifying patients in need of short-term medical care, despite their financial limitations. Case managers work with you directly to determine if you are eligible. Upon qualification, we will develop an individualized plan to meet your healthcare needs through financial assistance.
The Medical Access Program Can Help You:
- Find a doctor for an illness, injury or other health problem at a lower fee.
- Obtain medical tests or other needed medical care.
- Get prescriptions filled (one time).
- Apply for a government program that allows you to get low-cost prescriptions for an extended period of time.
- Apply for government health insurance programs such as Medical Assistance or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Arrange for services such as blood tests, X-rays and physical therapy related to your illness or injury.
- Get information and learn of other people in the community who can help you with your immediate medical needs.
- Find people or groups who can help you with your long-term health needs.
- Advise you on finding help for future medical care.
Who Coordinates The Program?
The program is coordinated by the Grand View Health Medical Access Committee. This committee is formed by hospital leaders, doctors and social workers.
How Does It Work?
- You will be responsible for partial costs. Grand View Health Medical Access case managers will determine how much you owe. Please be aware that if the agreed upon amount is not paid, removal from the program is possible.
- Instructions will be provided by our case managers and physicians. We ask all participants to make a serious commitment to follow instructions, including filling out Medical Assistance forms and applying for patient assistance programs, among others. You must communicate with case managers about all tests, referrals and services ordered by the doctor.
- If you are unable to keep scheduled appointments, you must call the doctor’s office to cancel.
- Any services or tests must be done at Grand View Health or other Grand View locations.
- The Grand View Health pharmacy will only fill prescriptions during normal business hours (Monday through Friday; 8 a.m.-4:30p.m.).