For more than 20 years, Grand View Health’s Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) has helped countless patients recover their strength, flexibility, mobility and overall functionality. Our team of dedicated rehabilitation specialists work around the clock to help our patients regain their independence and live healthier lives.
Our ARU provides comprehensive, personalized and flexible treatment plans to patients who have been harmed or disabled by illness, disease or injury. Our primary goal is to help our patients regain the ability to live and work independently. We thoroughly evaluate each patient that is referred and develop a customized treatment plan to help them recover safely and effectively.
The ARU includes 14 private rooms and is located on the third floor of Grand View Hospital. Qualified patients within the hospital can make a seamless transition to our unit, and we can easily arrange transfer for patients who are located at another hospital.
Who We Treat
If you are recovering from an illness and need focused rehabilitation, you may be able to receive care on our unit. We help people recover from conditions such as:
- Orthopedic injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other neurological disorders
- Bilateral joint replacement
- Single joint replacement with specific criteria
Other conditions that may qualify you for admission include:
- History of stroke
- COPD or other pulmonary condition
- Surgical complications
- Cardiac conditions
A Team Approach
Meet our interdisciplinary team:
- Physician: Manages your program and monitors your progress.
- Rehabilitation Nurse: Cares for your medical needs and provides education for self-care, independent living and disease and disability management.
- Physical Therapist: Helps you increase strength, muscle tone, coordination, posture, endurance, flexibility and mobility.
- Occupational Therapist: Teaches you how to adapt your physical capabilities for daily activities such as bathing, toileting, grooming and dressing.
- Speech/Language Pathologist: Identifies areas of deficit with communication or swallowing and provides tailored treatment.
- Psychologist: Develops a plan to aid in the return of your cognitive, behavioral and emotional function.
- Dietician: Designs an individual dietary plan for optimal healing.
- Social Worker: Provides support to you and your family throughout your stay and assists with your return to home. Your social worker will also act as a liaison between our care team and other involved parties such as funding sources or support networks.
Advantages of Grand View Health Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
Not all inpatient rehabilitation programs are the same. The ARU team at Grand View Health prides itself on our ability to assist patients in achieving their recovery goals and returning home. Benefits of our program include:
- An interdisciplinary team of professionals
- A team approach to maximize your recovery and functional status
- Commitment to helping you achieve your goal of returning home
- Dedicated rehabilitation physician to coordinate care and monitor progress
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy five-to-six days per week
- A minimum of three hours of one-to-one, customized therapy per day
- A large gym and treatment area that includes a functional kitchen and bathroom to simulate your home setting
- 24-hour nursing care provided by rehab-trained RNs
- Private room with personal bathroom and shower
- Located on the third floor of Grand View Hospital
- Grand View Health physicians will be involved in your care
- A family game room to enjoy visits with your guests
- A dining room with a lovely view
- Quality care close to home—so family and friends can be involved in recovery
Depending on your individual needs and goals, the ARU also provides the following services:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Laboratory services
- Nutritional counseling
- Pastoral services
- Pharmacy services
- Respiratory therapy
- Wound care
- Tracheostomy care
Methods of Payment
Medicare and most insurance plans pay for the rehabilitative services provided by the ARU with prior certification. Secondary insurance plans will typically cover your co-payment responsibility. A hospital representative can answer questions you and your family have about your benefits and coverage.
Recover Close to Home
If you believe you or your loved one may benefit from our inpatient rehabilitation services, please contact us. Our admissions team will be happy to answer your questions and provide a tour of our friendly unit.
Meet one of our patients and learn why he chose the ARU for his recovery.