Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit
The Grand View Health Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) helps patients who are recovering from illness, surgery or an accident return to their lives at home. One of our main goals is to improve function by offering comprehensive physical, occupational and speech therapies.
We offer a full-service medical rehabilitation program, located on the third-floor of Grand View Hospital, to rebuild the lives of patients affected by conditions such as:
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
- Congenital Deformity
- Major Multiple Trauma
- Neurologic and musculoskeletal disorders
- Motor Neuron Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Orthopaedic Injury
- Polyarticular Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systematic Vasculidities
- A seasoned team of healthcare professionals providing 24-hour support
- Dedicated rehab physician to coordinate care and monitor progress
- Three hours of individual therapy sessions per day
- Private room with personal bathroom and shower
- The warmth and comfort of your own sportswear
- Quality care close to home—so friends and family can be involved in recovery
- Physician Staff: Responsible for managing your program and monitoring progress.
- Rehabilitation Nurse: Cares for your medical needs and provides education for self-care, independent living, and disease and disability management.
- Physical Therapist: Helps you increase strength, muscle tone, coordination, posture, endurance, flexibility and mobility.
- Occupational Therapist: Teaches you how to adapt your physical capabilities for daily activities such as bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Speech/Language Pathologist: Identifies areas of deficit to visual and auditory comprehension, attention, memory, communication skill, oral and pharyngeal sensory motor function and swallowing.
- Psychologist: Develops a plan to aid in your return of cognitive, behavioral and emotional function.
- Dietitian: Develops a plan to attend to your individual dietary needs.
- Social Worker/Case Manager: Provides support to you and your family, acting as a liaison between your team and other involved parties, such as funding sources or support networks.
Depending on the specific goals and needs of your program, Grand View Health’s Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit provides the following specialty services:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Laboratory services
- Nutritional counseling
- Pastoral services
- Pharmacy services
- Respiratory therapy
Grand View Health
700 Lawn Avenue, Third Floor
Sellersville, PA 18960
Length of Stay
The length of time a patient may stay in the unit varies from one to four weeks, depending on their medical needs. Ask your physician or hospital case manager to initiate a referral to find out if you or a loved one qualifies for our program.
We also make referrals to external providers in the areas of chemical dependency counseling; driver assessment/education; pediatric rehabilitation; rehabilitation engineering; and ventilator-dependent care.
Most major insurance plans accepted. Please contact your provider for details.