Grand View Infectious Disease Associates consists of experienced physicians and allied health professionals that will provide you with friendly and personal care!
Infectious disease specialists are board-certified physicians who specialize in the identification and treatment of a variety of illnesses caused by bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Complex Infectious Diseases
While common infections are treated by primary care physicians, more complex conditions such as; HIV, Lyme Disease, MRSA, complicated infections of the skin and bone, infections of the heart valves, and fevers of unknown origin are referred to ID specialists. We work closely with referring physicians to determine appropriate diagnostic tests and individualized treatment plans.
Travel Medicine & Immunization Services
We specialize in CDC-recommended travel vaccines, health warnings and advice about international travel. In addition, we evaluate and manage post-travel illnesses. Please note some travel immunizations require a series of injections over a period of several weeks. We encourage you to make your appointment six to eight weeks prior to your departure to ensure full protection.
As a member of Grand View Health, our practice provides you and your family with access to trusted care, experience and commitment to quality. With the Grand View network, you and your family have access to hundreds of primary and specialty physicians.
Comprehensive pre-travel Counseling and Information
Some immunizations require a series of injections over a period of weeks. We encourage you to make your appointment 6 to 8 weeks prior to your departure to ensure full protection.
- Qualified to advise you on travel planning, public health and environmental issues from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
- Certified as a Yellow Fever Vaccination Center
- We review medical history, prior immunizations, travel itinerary and the activities you are planning while abroad to address issues of disease, vaccinations and medically related visa requirements.
- If required we evaluate and manage post-travel illness.
Recommendations may include:
- Prevention of mosquito and insect bite illness such as malaria.
- Food and Water precautions
- Treatment of commonly encountered bacterial diseases
- Altitude Sickness