What tests need to be scheduled?
No appointment is necessary for routine blood work/lab tests and general X-rays; however, appointments are required for bleeding time, glucose tolerance tests, port draws and diagnostic imaging services, such as MRIs, mammography’s, nuclear medicine, PET/CT scans, ultrasounds, radiology or bone density (DEXA) scans.
To schedule an appointment, call central scheduling/patient registration at 215-453-4100, or use this form to have one of our schedulers call you to schedule an appointment for your test.
What documents do I need when scheduling a test?
To process your lab work or test as quickly as possible, remember to bring:
- Physician order with the full name and address of your physician and accurate diagnostic code provided by your healthcare provider. All Medicare patient orders must have ICD-10 codes.
- Insurance card with the full name, address and phone number of your insurance company.
- Co-payment, if applicable.
- Photo identification.
- Type of procedure you are scheduling, such as an MRI or CAT scan.
- Insurance pre-certification, if required. If you are not sure whether a procedure needs to be authorized by your insurance company prior to having a test completed, call the member services number listed on the back of your insurance card to ensure that you get optimal reimbursement. Precertification is required by most U.S. managed care organizations.