Neurological diseases, strokes accidents and certain cancers may result in problems with communication, eating or drinking. These problems may make daily tasks extremely difficult and frustrating. The caring, highly-skilled speech pathologists at Grand View Hospital will work with you to reach your full potential and maximize your quality of life.
Speech Pathologists at Grant View Hospital
Part of Grand View’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department, speech pathologists (also called speech-language pathologists or speech therapists) evaluate, diagnose, treat and help prevent communication and swallowing disorders. Speech pathologists help you improve, change or recover communication and swallowing function so you can live your life to the fullest and resume your social and vocational roles. All of Grand View’s speech pathologists are fully licensed and certified with many years of clinical experience.
Who Benefits from Speech Pathology Services
People who benefit the most from speech pathology evaluation and treatment include those with the following disorders:
- Aphasia – difficulty producing or understanding speech
- Apraxia – difficulty in planning or processing speech
- Dysarthria – hoarseness or slurred speech
- Voice disorders
- Cognitive-communication disorders
- Dysphagia – impaired ability to swallow
Specialized services include:
- Videofluoroscopic swallowing examinations
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
- Rehabilitation of head and neck cancers
Make an Appointment
Contact the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Outpatient Department at 215-453-3220.