The Joint Replacement Center at Grand View Health
700 Lawn Avenue
Sellersville, PA 18960
For patients requiring joint replacement surgery, Upper Bucks Orthopaedics’ affiliation with the Joint Replacement Center blends the practice’s board-certified surgeons with Grand View’s nationally recognized Joint Replacement Center Coordinator and its specially trained team of nurses, physical and occupational therapists.
Together they help patients return to a more active lifestyle, with less pain. Patients are often out of bed and walking on the day of surgery. Length of stay is typically 2 days.
We offer a wide range of advanced joint replacement technology and
procedures, allowing for a quicker recovery and less pain.
- Hip Replacement
- Minimally invasive direct anterior approach (DAA)
- Minimally invasive posterior
- Knee Replacement
- Minimally invasive quad sparing technique
- Shoulder Replacement
- Traditional replacement
- Reverse replacement
- Ankle Replacement
- Elbow Replacement
Committed to safety and quality, the Joint Replacement Center has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission for both its total hip and total knee replacement programs.
When is Joint Replacement Considered?
Joint replacement surgery is only considered when non-surgical treatments have failed to bring relief from pain and immobility. Joint replacement coupled with post-surgical joint replacement rehabilitation has allowed many people to enjoy more comfortable, active lives. To find out if joint surgery is right for you, Click here.
Your Joint Replacement Care Plan
You follow a personalized care plan, a step-by-step guide to help ensure you receive the best possible outcome. Your care plan includes:
- Pre-operative education class, with family involvement encouraged
- Pre-operative pre-hab program- to strengthen muscles before surgery
- Pre-operative testing and pre-op orientation/education session- offered on the same day in one convenient location
- Discharge planning that begins before surgery
- A trained nurse coordinator to guide you through the process
- Pre-operative medical and dental clearance- to make sure that you are in “top shape” for the surgery
- Therapy sessions, two times a day – typically starting the day after surgery
- A personalized rehabilitation plan, designed specifically for you
- Rehab at home and in an outpatient setting – after you leave the hospital
- Skilled surgeons and staff perform hundreds of joint replacements/year- the surgeon you select will be the MD performing your surgery and following you thereafter
- Designated Joint Replacement unit, with private rooms designed to meet the needs of the joint replacement patient
- Group physical therapy sessions on the unit with your peers who also had joint replacements that week
- Dedicated nursing staff and therapists, specially trained to care for the joint replacement patient
- Family involvement encouraged
- Arrangements for continuing nursing and rehab services at home when you are discharged
- Outpatient rehab services available in your community when you are able to drive
5-Star Quality Orthopaedic Care
Healthgrades, the nation’s leading provider of information to help consumers make informed decisions about a hospital or physician, recognized Grand View for 2013 as follows:
• 5-Star Recipient for Joint Replacement
• 5-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement
• 5-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement
Our hip and knee replacement programs also received Gold Seal of Approval certification from The Joint Commission for providing high-quality care.
Joint Replacement Procedures Performed at Grand View Hospital
Joint replacement surgery, also known as arthroplasty, helps many people suffering from arthritis or other conditions. Combining advanced joint replacement technologies, a comprehensive care plan, the Joint Replacement Center team offers a wide range of procedures:
Advanced Joint Replacement Technologies Available at Grand View Hospital
Grand View Hospital features a wide range of advanced joint replacement technologies that often result in a quicker recovery and shorter hospital stay:
- Minimally invasive hip and knee replacement surgery
- Gender-specific knee implants
- Computer-assisted knee replacement
- Stationary or rotating platform knee implants
- High-flex knee implants
- Reverse shoulder replacement