We provide advanced diagnosis and treatment for conditions affecting the vascular system at Grand View Health. The vascular system is made up of blood vessels (veins and arteries) that carry blood to and from your heart and throughout your body. Diseases that affect blood flow in the veins and arteries can put you at high risk for strokes, heart attacks, blood clots and loss of limbs.
Our team of vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists and other medical specialists, work together to coordinate the appropriate diagnostic services, minimally invasive procedures and surgical treatments needed for your care.
Vascular Conditions Treated at Grand View Health:
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Problem Wounds
- Varicose Veins
Diagnostic services consist of invasive and non-invasive imaging of the arterial, venous, and lymphatic systems, including:
- Angiography or Arteriography
- Blood Flow Measurements
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Diagnostic Ultrasound and Duplex Scanning
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Spiral CT
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Instead of entering the body through a large incision, vascular surgeons insert tiny cameras and instruments through small incisions. Miniature microscopes and fiber-optic lights magnify the images and project them onto a high-definition monitor, allowing surgeons to operate more precisely.
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Spider Vein Treatment
- VNUS Closure® for Varicose Veins
Surgical treatments can be offered when less-invasive endovascular procedures are not appropriate.
- Aneurysm Repair
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Dialysis Access
- Leg Bypass
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Diabetes Management: If you have diabetes, you are especially high risk for vascular disease. You are also more prone to hardening of the arteries, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and heart disease. It is important for you to control your blood sugar in order to slow or prevent these vascular problems. Please consider our Diabetes Self-Management Training program, recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
- Grand View Wound Care Center: Provides expert care for non-healing wounds, which may be caused by vascular disease, poor circulation, diabetes or other conditions.