Bux-Mont Gastroenterology Associates
Bux-Mont Gastroenterology Associates consists of experienced physicians and allied health professionals that will provide you with friendly and personal care!
Harleysville Outpatient Center
270 Main Street
Harleysville, PA 19438
Tuesday: 1 to 5 pm
Friday: 1 to 5 pm
- Cancer Screenings: Everyone over the age of 50 should have periodic examinations and cancer screenings. Individuals with a family history of colon cancer or polyps should have cancer screenings beginning at age 40.
- Colonoscopy: A colonoscopy is a visual examination of the colon. Your physician will use an endoscope, which is a flexible, fiber-optic video device.
- ERCP: An endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a two step procedure in which dye is first injected into the bile and the pancreatic ducts, and then an x-ray is taken to obtain an image of the pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts. To inject the dye, your physician will use an endoscope, which is a flexible, fiber-optic video device which is passed down your esophagus.
- Upper endoscopy: An upper GI endoscopy is a visual examination of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum. Your physician will use an endoscope, which is a flexible, fiber-optic device to perform the examination.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: Flexible sigmoidoscopy is a visual examination of the lower colon (rectum and sigmoid colon).