Obesity continues to impact our community, while creating physical, emotional and mental struggles for those affected each day. The Grand View Health Bariatric & Metabolic Institute was established to help members of our community living with obesity and related issues redirect their journey to a healthy, active lifestyle.
Surgical weight loss is a significant, life-changing decision that shouldn’t be made alone. Our comprehensive team is designed to educate, guide and support you to answer questions and provide the care you deserve. Your support system will be led by fellowship-trained Bariatric Surgeon, Michael Fishman, MD, along with a physician assistant, registered dietitian, behavioral therapist and additional team members who will be with you from the start.
Conveniently located steps away from Grand View Hospital at the Sellersville Outpatient Center, we serve residents of Montgomery County, Bucks County and surrounding areas. Dr. Fishman specializes in minimally invasive procedures, which allows patients to experience shorter recovery times and focus on their new, healthy lives.
Bariatric Surgery Options
Once you have been determined to be a candidate for bariatric surgery, our team will discuss the treatment options that fit you best. We currently offer the following options:
- Gastric Banding
- Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y)
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
The Weight-Loss Journey
- Attend informational seminars or schedule a one-on-one consultation
- Undergo testing and evaluation to find out if you qualify for bariatric surgery
- Participate in psychological assessments to ensure your suitability for surgery and to enhance your experience through post-surgery adjustments
- Become fully educated on surgical and non-surgical weight-loss options, surgery benefits and potential complications, all provided by our team
- Receive nutritional planning and lifestyle management from a registered dietitian and exercise physiologist to prepare for surgery and post-surgery adjustments
- Allow us to coordinate every component of care you require with your family physician, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, laryngologist and more.
- Work with our professional staff at the Lifestyle Fitness Center to develop supervised fitness programming to help you reach your goals
Sellersville Outpatient Center
915 Lawn Avenue, Suite 203
Sellersville, PA 18960
Learn more about surgical weight loss options by attending one of our free informational seminars, led by Dr. Fishman in a small group setting. For dates, times and locations, please click here.
Your weight-loss journey doesn’t stop after surgery. Join a supportive group of fellow bariatric patients and specialists in nutrition, exercise, behavior and bariatrics to stay on track. Ask questions, offer tips and share experiences. For dates, times and locations, please click here.