The Grand View Wound Care Center
The Grand View Wound Care Center, located at the Grand View Outpatient Center at Sellersville, provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds, which are defined as sores or wounds that have not gotten significantly better during traditional treatment.
These wounds can cause severe health risks and may result in life-threatening infections, possible amputation, and debilitating health problems. With the state-of-the-art treatment available at the Grand View Wound Care Center, however, people with slow-healing wounds no longer have to suffer.
You may also learn more about the Grand View Wound Care Center by reviewing the Center’s Frequently Asked Questions
or attending our Wound Care Basics program.
A Comprehensive Approach to Wound Care
Working with your physician, the Grand View Wound Care Team takes a comprehensive approach to wound care, which helps you:
- Heal wounds that have not responded to other treatments
- Avoid loss of limbs
- Reduce the risk of recurring wounds
- Get your life back
Depending on the type and severity of your wound, you also have access to:
- Diabetic education
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Infectious disease management
- Laboratory evaluation
- Physical therapy
- Nuclear medicine
- Nutritional management
- Pain management
- Vascular evaluation
Grand View’s Outpatient Wound Care Program
If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound, you may be a candidate for our outpatient program. If you are, the Wound Care Center will work with you and your doctor to deliver:
- Advanced wound-care therapies
- Proven clinical protocols
- A personalized care plan to fit your specific needs
- Assessment and ongoing care by our highly-skilled team of specialists
- Detailed oversight of your care by your personal case manager
- Ongoing education on prevention, nutrition, hygiene, and other key topics
- Continuing communication between our team and you, and your physician
You or your caregiver will also be given detailed instructions in home care, nutrition, dressing (bandage) changes, and protecting the wound from further injury.
The Grand View Wound Care Center is located at the Grand View Hospital Outpatient Center at Sellersville, just off Route 309 in Sellersville.
|Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The Grand View Wound Care Center is equipped with two hyperbaric oxygen chambers, which are used to treat some types of wounds. With this simple but effective treatment, you breathe pure oxygen inside a pressurized chamber, which:
- Quickly and safely delivers high concentrations of oxygen to your bloodstream
- Helps increase your body's own natural wound-healing abilities
The chamber has clear sides through which you can see your surroundings, and is in a comfortable treatment room equipped with TV and videos.
From left: Jody Hanks, former program director of the Grand View Wound Care Center; and Kathleen Corcoran, RN, clinical coordinator stand next to one of two hyperbaric oxygen chambers.
Let Us Help You Further