Surgical Care Rating
Every surgery has risks, but there are some that can be prevented. The following are some steps that can be followed to reduce surgical complications:
- Patients given antibiotic within one hour prior to surgery.
- Patients given appropriate antibiotic.
- Antibiotic discontinued within 24 hours after surgery.
- Patients with appropriate Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) Prophylaxis ordered.
- Patients given Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis within 24 hours prior to surgery to 24 hours after surgery.
- Patients with their urinary catheter removed on postoperative day one or two.
- Patients with perioperative temperature management.
- Patients on beta blocker therapy prior to arrival who received a beta blocker during the perioperative period.
The quality rating for surgical care measures compliance with the standards.
Compliance with Core Measures
Our Improvement Over Time