Did You Know? Check Out These Facts about Stroke
- Someone in the United States has a stroke every 40 seconds. Every three to four minutes, someone dies of a stroke.
- Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death among men and women in this country.
- Stroke is the leading cause of long-term disability.
- Every year, about 795,000 people in the United States have a stroke. About 610,000 of these are first or new strokes.
- About 185,000 people who survive a stroke eventually have another.
If you see or experience any symptom of a stroke, call 911 immediately. Stroke is a medical emergency.
Learn more about Grand View's award-winning Stroke Care Program.
Source: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention