10 Reasons to Quit Smoking
You know the facts. Smoking is bad for you and those around you. It can lead to serious, potentially life-threatening illnesses such as lung cancer and stroke.
While you may associate quitting with giving up something you enjoy, look at everything you gain when you quit.
- I will reduce my chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
- I will reduce my chances of getting lung cancer, emphysema, and other lung diseases.
- I will have better smelling clothes, hair, breath, home, and car.
- I will climb stairs and walk without getting out of breath.
- I will have fewer wrinkles.
- I will be free of my morning cough.
- I will reduce the number of coughs, colds, and earaches my child will have.
- I will have more energy to pursue physical activities I enjoy.
- I will treat myself to new books or music with the money I save from not buying cigarettes.
- I will have more control over my life.
Source: National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
Grand View Can Help You Quit:
Join a Free Smoking Cessation Group
Congratulations, you have decided to quit smoking. This is an important first step in living a healthier life, and Grand View is here to help. In partnership with the Bucks County Health Improvement Partnership (BCHIP), Grand View offers free smoking cessation programs.
For more information, call the Grand View Connection at 215-453-4300.