Pre-Admission Testing at Grand View Hospital
Pre-admission testing helps our staff evaluate your overall health in preparation for your medical or surgical procedure. Pre-admission testing services at Grand View include:
- Lab work
- Radiology (imaging)
- CAT Scans
- PET/CT Scans
- Specialized tests related to your particular procedure
Your physician may order a combination of these tests.
After your physician has scheduled your surgical or medical procedure, a pre-admission testing specialist will contact you to schedule an appointment. Usually, pre-admission testing is scheduled to occur within one to two weeks prior to your procedure, but it can vary depending on the type of procedure you are undergoing.
Pre-Admission Testing Locations*
Items to Bring to Your Pre-Admission Testing Appointment
- Any current insurance cards (including Medicare or Medical Assistance, if applicable)
- Insurance referrals or an authorization number (if required by your insurance plan)
- A completed anesthesia form
- A completed medical history form
Arriving for Your Pre-Admission Testing Appointment
- Report to the patient registration desk
- Visit with the registrar to pay any co-payments required by your insurance plan
- Go to the department which offers the test(s) you require
Pre-admission testing may last anywhere from 20 minutes to three hours, depending on the test. You may bring a light snack to eat after your lab work is completed.
If you have any other questions regarding your pre-admission testing, please contact your surgeon's office.
Canceling a Pre-Admission Testing Appointment
If you need to cancel your pre-admission testing appointment or surgery, please contact Grand View's Pre-Admission Testing Department at 215-453-4296.
Surgical Care Resources
Let Us Help You Further
Let us help you find more information on surgical services at Grand View Hospital. Choose the best way to connect with us.