Grand View Hospital and St. Luke’s Quakertown Hospital Holding Free Drive-Through Flu and Pneumonia Vaccination Clinic in Sellersville
(November 1, 2011) Sellersville, PA – Neighboring hospitals, Grand View and St. Luke’s Quakertown Hospital, are holding a free seasonal flu and pneumonia vaccination clinic on Saturday, November 12 at the Grand View Hospital Outpatient Center at Sellersville. The vaccination clinic will be a drive-through. A station will be set-up inside the outpatient center for those who prefer to walk-in. The seasonal flu vaccine also protects against H1N1.
This is a free service brought to the community by the hospitals, the Bucks County Health Department and the Bucks County Health Improvement Partnership (BCHIP).
||Saturday, Nov 12, 2011
||9 am – 1 pm
||Grand View Hospital Outpatient Center at Sellersville
915 Lawn Avenue / Sellersville
||FREE – Registration required
||Grand View Hospital and St. Luke’s Quakertown Hospital
Limited Supply - Registration Required
||Call the Grand View Information Line at (215) 453-4300.
Who is eligible for a seasonal flu shot?
- Children and adults, 9 years of age and older.
(Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult)
- You are NOT eligible if you have any of the following:
- Egg allergy;
- Latex allergy;
- A severe reaction to a previous immunization;
- A history of Guillan-Barre syndrome; or
- If you feel moderately or severely ill, with or without a fever, the day of the clinic.
Who is eligible for a pneumococcal shot?
- Adults 65 years of age and older who have not received a pneumonia immunization since turning 65.
- Adults 19 through 64 years of age who smoke or have asthma.
- Adults younger than 65 who are instructed by his/her physician to receive the immunization.
Free patient education resources (including for pregnant or postpartum women) are available at www.cdc.gov/flu.