Hundreds of Women Attend Grand View Hospital’s Taking Care of You Event
|(April 23, 2010) Sellersville, PA – More than 200 women attended Grand View Hospital’s women’s seminar Taking Care of You: An Evening of Pampering & Wellness for Women. The event, held at the Grand View Hospital Outpatient Center at Sellersville on Friday, April 16 was designed to give women a night off from their busy lives and learn how to take better care of themselves.
|Guests were able to choose from several women’s health lectures, presented by local physicians. Topics included how to:
- Maintain a balanced life by Kim Kuhar, DO, internal medicine physician
- Treat varicose veins by Edwin Martin, MD, interventional radiologist, Grand View Radiology Associates
- Manage headaches by Jessica Feldman, MD, neurologist, Penn Neurologic Associates
- Keep skin looking young by Daniel Shrager, MD, dermatologist, Family Dermatology of Sellersville
- Understand the myths versus facts surrounding fertility by Annette Lee, MD, reproductive specialist,
- Pennsylvania Reproductive Specialists
- Help prevent sleepless nights by Rubina Haidar, MD, pulmonologist & sleep medicine specialist,
- Pulmonary and Allergy Associates
Guests Susan Gillen and Debbie Mitchell enjoy refreshments while learning about the Stoneridge Sleep Center and the Grand View Wound Care Center from Grand View employee Pamela Link.
|Guests also indulged in a mini-spa session, provided by local businesses. Mini-spa sessions included foot reflexology and mini-facials by Sage Day Spa of Telford, chair massages by massage therapist Marianne Vargo, and massage therapist and esthetician Kim Geib, chocolate yoga by MOYO Yoga of Skippack, hand paraffin by Grand View Hospital hand therapists, and mini-manicures by students of the Upper Bucks Technical School.
In addition to the health lectures and mini-spa sessions, women had the opportunity to talk with Grand View staff about women’s health services available through the hospital as well as enjoy hearty appetizers and refreshments.
Guests chose from several health lectures presented by local physicians throughout the evening
|For more information on events held by Grand View Hospital, please call the Grand View Information Line at 215-453-4300 or visit www.gvh.org.
Grand View Hospital, Bucks County’s first hospital, has provided residents of Bucks and Montgomery counties with comprehensive health care services since 1913. Grand View offers a range of inpatient and outpatient care – particularly emphasizing the areas of surgery and orthopaedics, women's and children's health, heart and vascular care, and cancer treatment.