Joint Replacement Center at Grand View Hospital
Grand View Hospital provides comprehensive joint replacement services - close to home. Our joint replacement team and nationally recognized Joint Replacement Center Coordinator help you quickly return to a more active lifestyle - with less pain. Most patients leave the hospital two to three days after surgery.
5-Star Quality Orthopaedic Care
Healthgrades, the nation’s leading provider of information to help consumers make informed decisions about a hospital or physician, recognized Grand View for 2013 as follows:
• 5-Star Recipient for Joint Replacement
• 5-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement
• 5-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement
Our hip and knee replacement programs also received Gold Seal of ApprovalTM certification
from The Joint Commission for providing high-quality care.
Joint Replacement Procedures Performed at Grand View Hospital
Joint replacement surgery, also known as arthroplasty, helps many people suffering from arthritis or other conditions. Combining advanced joint replacement technologies, a comprehensive care plan, the Joint Replacement Center team offers a wide range of procedures:
Advanced Joint Replacement Technologies Available at Grand View Hospital
Grand View Hospital features a wide range of advanced joint replacement technologies that often result in a quicker recovery and shorter hospital stay:
- Minimally invasive hip and knee replacement surgery
- Gender-specific knee implants
- Computer-assisted knee replacement
- Stationary or rotating platform knee implants
- High-flex knee implants
- Reverse shoulder replacement
The Benefits of Joint Replacement Surgery
The possible benefits of joint replacement surgery have made extremely positive changes in many people's lives. Benefits of joint replacement surgery include:
- Improved joint movement
- Pain relief
- Improved alignment of the joint, allowing for improved function
When is Joint Replacement Considered?
Joint replacement surgery is only considered when non-surgical treatments have failed to bring relief from pain and immobility. Joint replacement coupled with post-surgical joint replacement rehabilitation has allowed many people to enjoy more comfortable, active lives.
Your Joint Replacement Care Plan at Grand View Hospital
You follow a personalized care plan, a step-by-step guide to help ensure you receive the best possible outcome. Your care plan includes:
- Pre-operative education class, with family involvement encouraged
- Therapy sessions, two times a day - typically starting the day after surgery
- A personalized rehabilitation plan, designed specifically for you
- Rehab at home and in an outpatient setting - after you leave the hospital