Help is Available
Domestic Violence includes verbal, economic, sexual, and physical abuse.
- You are not the cause of the abuse
- Nothing that you say or do will make the abuser stop
- Abuse almost always increases the severity and frequency over time, no matter what the abuser promises to do differently
You are not ALONE - it is estimated that one in four women have been or will be abused by their partner in their lifetime.
You do not deserve the abuse - no one has the right to degrade or hurt you. Free and confidential help is available to you. The domestic violence medical advocate at Grand View Hospital is able to provide you with information, counseling and referrals. Find out about laws, shelters and other resources available to you.
In an emergency, call 911.
- Grand View Hospital Domestic Violence Advocate at 215-453-4484
- A Women's Place 24-hour Hotline at 1-800-220-8116
- Turning Point of Lehigh Valley at 610-437-3369
- Congresso De Latinos at 215-763-8870