Elaine's Healthy Tips
Grand View Exercise Physiologist Elaine Feiss shares her tips for healthy weight-loss habits:
Need more help?
- A combination of diet modification and exercise will achieve the best results
- Include exercise and physical activity in your daily routine
- Eat a well-balanced breakfast that includes carbohydrate and protein
- Don't skip meals
- Include healthy snacks between meals
- Set small weekly goals to move you toward larger long-term goals
- Be realistic with expectations: Target a one- to two-pound weight loss per week.
- Choose foods that are nutritious
- Pay attention to portion size
- In addition to monitoring weight, also take measurements
- Keep in mind that changing behavior takes time
- Journal both daily food intake and exercise
- Enlist the support of someone or a group (like the Grand New You)
- Forgive yourself if you lapse and start again
Grand View Hospital's weight loss program, Grand New You, can help guide you in nutrition, exercise, and behavior changes. Call us at 215-453-3262 for details.