The Day Before Your Surgery at Grand View Hospital
One day before your surgery, between 3 and 5 pm, a nurse from our Surgical Short Stay Unit (SSSU) will call you. At that time, the nurse will tell you:
- What time to arrive and where to report.
- Your arrival time may be one to three hours prior to surgery, depending on the preparation needed. (Surgery times are approximate and delays may occur).
- What you may (or may not) eat or drink the night before
- What medications to take or not take
- Have a list ready with your medication's name, dose and how often you take it
- What items to bring with you
The nurse will also review your instructions, discuss your medications, and answer any of your questions.
Surgical Care Resources
Let Us Help You Further
Let us help you find more information on the day before your surgery at Grand View Hospital. Choose the best way to connect with us.