The Day Before Your Surgery at Grand View Hospital
One day before your surgery, between 3 and 5 pm, a nurse from our Surgical Short Stay Unit (SSSU) will call you. At that time, the nurse will tell you:
- What time to arrive and where to report.
- Your arrival time may be one to three hours prior to surgery, depending on the preparation needed. (Surgery times are approximate and delays may occur).
- What you may (or may not) eat or drink the night before
- What medications to take or not take
- Have a list ready with your medication's name, dose and how often you take it
- What items to bring with you
The nurse will also review your instructions, discuss your medications, and answer any of your questions.