Cancer Program Treatments and Technologies at Grand View
When diagnosed with cancer, you and your oncologist decide on the best treatment plan. At Grand View, a leader in cancer care in Upper Bucks and Northeastern Montgomery counties, you have access to highly-advanced treatment options used alone or in combination with one another. We treat a wide range of cancers including cancer of the breast, colon and rectum, lung, prostate, and many others.
Treatments Available at Grand View Hospital
Board-certified oncologists oversee your care plan from the moment of diagnosis throughout your treatment. In addition to prescribing medication and administering chemotherapy, a medical oncologist also:
- Educates you about your cancer
- Informs you about your cancer's development
- Explains treatment options and makes recommendations
- Monitors your care and treatment
- Coordinates your treatments with other physicians and health-care providers
- Works with you on pain and symptom management
Administered by chemotherapy-certified nurses - this type of treatment uses drugs to:
- Destroy cancer cells
- Control cancer
- Ease cancer symptoms
Radiation Oncology (Radiation Therapy)
Managed by board-certified radiation oncologists, a team of dosimetrists, physicists, and therapists deliver the following radiation treatments available at two, convenient locations.
- Traditional radiation treatments
- Involves high-energy X-rays
- Kills cancer cells
- Stops further growth
- IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy)
- Helps deliver a high doses of radiation to the target area
- Minimizes the amount of radiation delivered to normal tissue
- Reduces severity of side effects of treatment
- Brachytherapy (radioactive seed implants)
- Is a form of treatment for prostate cancer
- Uses radioactive seeds to deliver low dose of radiation to the prostate
- Treats area for several months
- Radiation Oncology (Radiation Therapy)
Surgery may be the only treatment you receive, or it may be combined with other treatments. Our board-certified surgeons offer both traditional surgery and minimally invasive laproscopic surgery.
Leading-Edge Technologies to Diagnose, Monitor, and Treat Cancer at Grand View Hospital
At Grand View, we are committed to offer advanced technology to diagnose, monitor and treat cancer. Our Regional Cancer Program features leading-edge technologies to help you win the battle against cancer.
- PET/CT Scans
PET/CT imaging combines the power of positron emission tomography (PET) with the computerized tomography (CT), setting a new standard of imaging excellence. The system makes it possible to obtain anatomical and biological data in one exam.
- Early Detection of Cancer
The PET/CT scan images biochemical activity allowing it to accurately identify a tumor as benign or malignant (cancerous) and to determine its precise location.
- Staging of Cancer
PET/CT is extremely sensitive in determining the full extent of the cancer. It can search the entire body for cancer in one exam, reveal the cancer's primary site and indicate whether the cancer has spread.
- Checking for Cancer Recurrence
PET/CT is considered to be the most accurate diagnostic tool to differentiate tumor recurrences from radiation necrosis (the death of healthy tissue caused by radiation therapy).
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Chemotherapy
On a PET/CT scan, the level of tumor metabolism is compared before and after a chemotherapy cycle which creates an earlier indicator of how well chemotherapy is working.
Grand View Hospital offers cancer clinical trials, giving our patients the ability to participate in research studies and receive additional treatments.
Let Us Help You Further
Let us help you find more information on cancer services at Grand View Hospital. Choose the best way to connect with us.